Getting your ID Card
Getting a new identification card can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the process for getting an ID card for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Maryland ID Cards
Maryland residents may opt to get an ID card to serve as their photo ID rather than a driver's license. While both have their perks, a Maryland ID card is much simpler to obtain than a driver's license. If you would like to obtain a Maryland ID card, be sure to follow these requirements:
- Visit your local MVA office
- Show proof of age
- Show proof of identity
- Show proof of residency
- Show proof of lawful status
- Social Security Number, or naturalization documents
- Pay a fee of $15 if you are under 18 years of age, or $24 if you are 18 or older
- If you are disabled or over the age of 65, then you do not have to pay a fee
To renew a Maryland ID card, you may do so every five years if you are under 18 years old, and every 8 years if you are 18 or older. If you are 18 or older, you also have to option of renewing your Maryland ID card online. Use the following link to do so: https://securetransactions.mva.maryland.gov/emvastore/(S(mqwot0nbkkwlxs55zj3kx445))/MainMenu.aspx.